Tuesday, March 3, 2009

our planning :: surprises, bloopers, and more


One last post about our planning -- mark my word! I got a chance to share our wedding experience, but to keep it real, we did see some things that weren't part of the plan! (LOL) And to append to my message that "your big day will go as it was meant to be," I wanted to post some surprises, bloopers and unique events that took place on our big day. Nonetheless, I learned (early on) to let things go (right away) and went with the flow -- and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We definitely added a personal touch to our wedding and gave our guests something new! My memories of our big day will always make me smile...and I laugh and cry at what a great time we all had.



The story and the photo(s). Enjoy!

Hair do? I was the one who fixed Abram's hair that morning. He came in blindfolded. I also fixed one of the flowergirls' hair. Who said I couldn't do hair on my big day?


Low blood sugar. Right before we were going to walk down the aisle, my dad started pacing back and forth, complaining that he felt like he was going to faint, blaming me for doing "that" to him. LOL. He downed a can of Coke to get his blood sugar levels back up. I thought I was supposed to be the nervous wreck!


We rehearsed twice the day before, but for some reason, it didn't work that way. Abram and my dad were supposed to shake hands to signify his "giving me away." For some reason, I ended up shaking hands with Abram. My dad's laughing cause he knew it was wrong.


Makeup faux pas! I needed a little more glue! My left false eye lash was fluttering in the wind during the entire ceremony. Not sure if it was a plus that it prevented me from crying, but the last thing I wanted were false, dark black lashes on top of my chest! LOL. Yes, I fixed it right after.


My mother-in-law surprised me with a family heirloom gift at the wedding. So sweet.


Guevarra? Or Guevarr-o? The emcee intro'd us as "Mr. & Mrs. Abram Guevarr-o"
(instead of Guevarra!) despite having the exact pronunciations of our names, syllable by syllable! LOL


Dance with my dad. First Q he asked while we were dancing? "So, when are you going to give me grandchildren?" I sweetly explained, "Dad, I just got married less than an hour ago."


Gone in 60 seconds. Ok, the candy station was rampaged. Lesson? Provide smaller bags -- much smaller bags.


I've never seen a group of bachelors so excited to catch the garter. I thought I saw one of the guys do the splits trying to grab it. OMG(osh)



PhotoShop War? So, our friends have been doing this for years -- PhotoShop War. It's where we super-impose each others faces on other pictures for a good laugh. We have lots of comedians in our circle of friends and family, so Abe and I decided to do a PhotoShop War on 10 people, including our dads, bridal party, and bro-in-law. We showed a regular photo of the person and explained his/her significance in our lives and then flipped to a PS photo. Thank goodness for my PS skills. It was hilarious! Even 7-Degrees' tech commented that it was the funniest montage ever. This is "Noel Dynamite," our Best Man.

Noel's wife's reaction. Priceless.


So, what'd I tell you about "surprises?" Charles, our brother-in-law, decided to take the mic and give a wonderful, surprise toast. Good thing he went up to give a toast, 'cause he was able to save us some time by introducing himself to the crowd.
Little did he know he was to be surprised with a PS War photo! It was the closer of the series and the laughing lasted for a good 3 minutes.

His wife's reaction? She had to keep her dress from falling. (Charles and Noel gave each other high 5s for making it in the PS War series. Surprisingly, others expressed how they wanted to be in it.)


Yes, I went there with the Dancing Heads video of "Baby Got Back," which was filmed a year earlier at Universal Studios. I did this with my mom's BF, Albert (center), and my nephew, Billy (right).

Reaction from a 12 year old? EM-BAR-RASSED. What a perfect photo!


My reflection: I would love to experience our wedding over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment