Friday, June 12, 2009

designing a cake

Thought this was something cool to share with you: designing a cake. I went with Ron and Trish to meet a potential cake vendor, and while we were in the shop, I quickly illustrated a cake design (in what seemed like seconds). I left the illustration with Ron to use for more meetings, and luckily he still had it! Take a look at my original illustration + some chicken scratch (dated 11/7/08). Only difference is that Ron and Trish ended up selecting 4 tiers instead of five. Hans and Harry did an awesome job perfecting the design, and it was probably one of the best wedding cakes I've ever tasted! YES, it was edible...(Ron mentioned people didn't believe it was real! LOL!)



It was Trish's idea to add a customized cake topper and dress up the cake base with some bling! I made the cake topper, which housed the top floral arrangement, using strands of rhinestones and silver dotted trim, and I lined the silver cake base with black satin ribbon and more bling.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome looking cake if i do say so myself. Thanks to Charm- the BEST wedding planner for helping design such a FAB cake that completely went with the theme of our wedding.. Everyone raved about how fantastic our cake looked!

    xoxo,
    Tricia Benitez

    ReplyDelete