Tuesday, October 6, 2009

fancy copper + ivory letterpress invitations

On Saturday, October 3, Miss Melissa married Mr Kenneth Cabuang. I had the honor of designing their one-of-a-kind couture letterpress invitations. When I say, "one-of-a-kind," I mean, custom tri-fold jacket with printing, two color letterpress printing, ecru cotton rag, metallic stock, custom monogram, jewels, and printed envelopes. Taking all that Melissa shared with me in regards to their planning and vision, seeing photos of the couture dress, understanding they were to celebrate in the sought-out Manchester Grand Hyatt in Downtown, San Diego, the results manifested from the term, "fancy." With a bit of a modern twist, I wanted to create a purely original tri-fold jacket -- a curved edge on the front panel to expose their monogram complete with a coordinating curved pocket on the inside to house the response card. Not only this, but I crafted the design to have a portion of their monogram printed on one side of the tri-fold jacket, to add personalization.








Melissa was so easy to work with. We met in Rancho Cucamonga and spent a majority of our time sharing stories and laughing. From the meeting, I was able to grasp her vision and style, and learned early on her extremely sweet nature. I provided Melissa and Kenneth four folding mock ups (concepts). I knew this was going to be challenging because she wanted something totally different AND letterpress. Though photos will never truly capture the real essence of a letterpress invitations, at least you can get a taste for the art that came about this long process. Of course, seeing the real deal is always much better than photos. These also garnered many "wows" at the LA Printers Fair, as they were displayed as the feature invitation.




1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful, I love the colors and the modern tri-fold, great job!

    ReplyDelete