Friday, October 16, 2009

stunning wedding backdrop :: the church altar

I'm a visual person, and though I like to focus the couple ceremoniously tying the knot at the church, I do occasionally find my eyes scavenging. I couldn't help but pause at this photo that Mollie Jane beautifully captured of a couple at the altar. This blew me away. I've seen gorgeous altars, like Founder's Chapel at USD, but what a joy to find such an exquisite backdrop in the Inland Empire. The remarkable 18th century, 18-karat gold-leaf Rayas Altar stands in the St. Francis of Assisi chapel in the historic Mission Inn, located on 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, Ca 92501.* Abram and I LOVE the Mission Inn; champagne brunch on Sundays are simply delightful. If you're in the area, make a trip to the Mission Inn and acquaint yourself with some sacred history.


St. Joseph, the patron saint of brides, stands in the center of the altar, above the glass case, where His benevolent and protective gaze welcomes brides as they partake in their wedding ceremony. -- Mission Inn Hotel & Spa history excerpt
To view more of Mollie Jane's photos from this wedding, please click here.
*Source: www.MissionInn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment