Thursday, October 15, 2009

wedding forecast by JM :: exquisite weddings fall/winter '09 launch


"EXQUISITE WEDDINGS CELEBRATES ITS FALL/WINTER 2009 LAUNCH"
One of the aspects I love about my job is the opportunity to attend industry events. I don’t know about you, but I find it difficult to say "no" to complimentary drinks and food. While it is technically “work," it really is classified as a perk with great reason.

Exquisite Weddings (magazine) celebrated the launch of its Fall/Winter 2009 issue at the historic US Grant in Downtown, San Diego last week. My sister, Jenevive, joined me as I got to attend as a guest this year. It’s a fabulous magazine and its mission statement intrigues me: 'Exquisite Weddings is a publication that understands a wedding should be unforgettably unique as the couple getting married. Our goal is to inspire brides, and within the pages of our magazine, we bring together a powerful ensemble of luxury experience, engaging the dreamer and the romantic.'*
* Source: Exquisite Weddings



If you weren't aware, the US Grant completed major renovations a few years ago. The venue is gorgeous! Just a teaser: we're going to have the opportunity to coordinate a wedding at the US Grant next year! ;)


Above: exterior shot of the US Grant; photo from gtcbio.com

Above: ballroom interior at the US Grant; photo from WHPacific.com



The event was small compared to last year’s launch at Anthology, but very well attended. You can relax though as you didn’t miss much. My sister and I made our rounds, networked, toured event space, ate and drank all within an hour. I even negotiated a few deals with vendors to benefit our B&W couples and clients. Lucky you!




No comments:

Post a Comment