Thursday, January 14, 2010

jewelry cases for the modern bride

You're at the nail salon, and the first thing you do is take off your rings and stuff them into a pocket in your jeans. Or you go to the spa with your girlfriends, and in the locker room, you find yourself tucking your engagement ring in the deepest compartment within your purse. Ladies, it's time to start taking good care of your jewelry. Whether it be your rings, necklace, or earrings, there is a proper way to store your valuables, especially when you're traveling, or temporarily in need of removing your jewelry - a jewelry case. A variety of cases, pockets, pouches or pochettes are available, from Louis Vuitton's $700 Folding Jewelry Case, to recycling a Tiffany's sheepskin jewelry pocket, these pouches will save your jewelry from scratches, dents, and most importantly from being lost.



Photo source: LouisVuitton.com

Though I posted LV's designer jewelry case, really, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on one. You can use a mini coin purse, like the Coach one in the collage, but put a non-abrasive cloth inside for protection. Most jewelry cases are lined with plush fabric or leather to keep from scratching. I actually bought my case, which is a jewelry pocket, from Banana Republic on sale for $5, and it sure does make me feel 100% better about keeping my rings secured in a case when I'm at the spa or nail salon. I never know when I'm going to need to take my rings or earrings off, so I keep my case with me wherever I go (in my purse). Note: I'd stay away from drawstring pouches since they can easily untie; use something that has a zipper or button, or spring hinge as an enclosure.


Photo source: PurseBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment