Wednesday, October 13, 2010

safari baby shower FUN!

Jeanette+Arnel, parents-to-be, approached B&W with a completely custom project -- to design décor for their baby shower. With their vision of utilizing a safari theme, and the direction of having the lion as the main character, I reverted back to my illustration days and came up with a 5ft backdrop, custom die cut table cards, and favor tags. My illustration style is more around real life portraiture, but I have to admit, I had a fun time drawing these four cartoony characters, the lion, giraffe, elephant and zebra, in a style most appropriate for a baby shower.

Here's a pic of the 5 ft x 3.5 ft backdrop that hung on one wall of the hall.

Below, custom die cut table card with a clever quote (provided by J+A) and coordinating favor tags mounted with metallic chocolate paper.




The stand-alone table cards were manually trimmed with a blade.


Below: a few photos of some details provided by J+A. The safari themed cake turned out great! And I love the burlap underlay. The favor tags were adhered to animal print take-out box giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment