Tuesday, June 28, 2011

the modern chuppah

The "chuppah," a Hebrew word meaning, "canopy" or "covering," signifies the couple's first home in Jewish tradition*, and has been used in religious and non-religious ceremonies. As a traditional element and also a decorative one, the chuppah is the focal point to any ceremony, being marked as the anchor to the design of the ceremony space. If you're wondering, many say you do not need to partake in a Jewish ceremony to utilize a gorgeous chuppah. On another note, you can double its use by having the design team transport the chuppah inside the reception space to frame the sweethearts table -- a huge visual impact.

With the transformation of wedding design, here are some modern twists to the traditional chuppah design, which normally consists for four poles covered by a traditional prayer shawl.















*Source: Answers.com
Photo sources: Bollea.com, Davina & Daniel Photography, Exquisite Weddings, Michelle Rago, Petals By Design, The Knot, The Wedding Yentas, unknown

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I think that I saw you visited my weblog so I came to “return the favor”. I’m trying to find things to improve my web site! I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete