Monday, June 27, 2011

silky and chic in chiffon :: maggie sottero

On occasion, I find myself watching "Say Yes To The Dress," on TLC, and though my jaw drops at some of the comments made by opinionated family members searching for their dream wedding gown, I still find it interesting to see what each bride likes. After all, these dresses reflect each bride, how she see's herself, and how comfortable or not so comfortable she wants to be on her wedding day. From the huge ball gowns, to the intricately beaded dresses, I find myself wanting to see more sheaths, flowy, and natural lined dresses. So, I went online, looking for a designer who could capture the essence of this type of gown, and came across the talented Maggie Sottero and her 2011 designer selection. But this time, I pulled beautiful chiffon gowns, sans the pickups, gathers, and tulle underlining. Perfect for any wedding, these chiffon selections fall on the natural lines of a woman's body, and do not over power one with weight. After seeing some brides rock fifteen pound dresses, I'm sure they wouldn't mind to see how light and comfortable a chiffon based dress can be, and how a more simple-lined dress can still be the focal point of any wedding.













Photo source: Maggie Sottero.com

1 comment:

  1. These dresses are beautiful and simplistic! love them!!!

    ReplyDelete